NEW BLOG- PLEASE click on the logo

NEW BLOG- PLEASE click on the logo
CONTACT:434-806-7263- domiattaway at gmail dot com

Monday, March 15, 2010

"Give Love Back" project

six degrees.org

Lately I have been looking around me and cannot help noticing so many people are in need, either because of poverty, lack of education or disease.   I feel so lucky to have a healthy family, happy marriage, good friends and basically a good life.  I have been trying to find a way, to give, to help in anyway I can. That is when my husband, Nick told me about  Sixdegrees.org, a non-profit organization, started by Kevin Bacon that promotes the gift of giving through their web site (www.sixdegrees.org). The website sells charity gift cards that can be given to others for them to spend on charities of their choice, which can easily be found on their website.

So here is what I am going to do for now on to help do my part to help others. I will donate 6% of my service fees for every wedding booked for 2011 onward to Sixdegrees.org and in return, the bride and groom will be given a "Good Card" which is a gift card that they will be able apply to the charities of their choice by going to www.sixdegrees.org.  I am also planning on applying the same principal to my 2010 portrait sessions. I will give a $20 "Good card" to all my clients who book a session with me.

For more information go to www.sixdegrees.org or contact me at 434-806-7263.
And please spread the Good word, all our local Charlottesville non profits could benefit from this.

No comments: